DEFINED: A dermatologist is a medical practitioner who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions.
Finding Your Psoriasis Doctor
One of the first steps toward finding appropriate treatment options is finding the right dermatologist. A good dermatologist will listen to your questions and concerns and offer insights on managing your psoriasis in a way that works best for you.
Here are some tips and advice to get the conversation started with your doctor.
Dermatologists can properly diagnose the severity of your psoriasis, which is important in managing and treating your psoriasis. Understanding your severity can help a dermatologist determine the appropriate treatment options for you.
Since psoriasis is a chronic condition, finding a dermatologist you can partner with is important in your psoriasis journey.
What to Ask Your Dermatologist
- Would you consider my psoriasis mild, moderate, or severe?
- What role do my symptoms, their location, and their personal impact play in my psoriasis severity?
- What are my treatment options?
- If a treatment is recommended for me, how long before I can expect results?
- What type of skin clearance should I expect from my treatment?
- Are flare-ups (reappearance or worsening of symptoms) normal?
Ready to find your dermatologist? Use our Dermatologist Locator ➜